to suffer the snags and bumps of outrageous texture
Or to take polish to a sea of glossy...
Okay, that needs to stop before I never get to this actual post.
Which is basically a question: Do you like textured nails? Or, more accurately for what I'm asking, what texture do you prefer?
I've got yer textured. These are the original five Firefly colors, moderately textured by piles of microglitter.
And then here we have matte, glossy, and semi-matte / satin finished. And I know there are other finishes out there--waxy, leather, "gumdrop" bumpy, crackle, sandy, and on and on--I just haven't figured out how to make my own polish do some of them. And some of them, like crackle, I just don't like the look of.
Back when I started making polish, I wanted everything to be super smooth and perfectly shiny, and it annoyed me when the glitters or effects I put in made the polish not-smooth. But then right after that, texture came onto the scene, and all of a sudden it was everywhere.
It took me a while to get used to the idea, and I'm still not super-fond of how it feels if the lumps and bumps are too pronounced, or if the sandiness snags and catches all the fuzz in the world. But I'm warming to the whole idea. And I'm getting bolder, throwing new things in a bottle just to see how they feel on a nail.
So what's your opinion of texture? Yay or nay? And which ones do you prefer?
NOTES:
*These three by the wonderful Mish at AccioLacquer.com


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment